Hey there fat face, turd breath, boonhole, butt sniffer, poopsicle, back-butt, chesticle, ponny poo. Welcome to our world.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Camping, Funerals, and the Inner Dance.

Wow. Lots of stuff is going on in my life right now. I guess I'll try to fit some if it into our format.

Gross:
As far a gross things are concerned, I have not been confronted with anything of note in recent days. The smell of garbage from beside the house occasionally wafts up and causes me to hold my breath a moment, but that's manageable. And our tent in Moab smelled of cat pee, so we didn't use it. Oh and I had this giant (maybe nickel sized) bump form behind my ear that hurt like no other. It was some kind of infection and it pained me for a good three days before it started going down. That's about it.

Smile:
Lots of things make me smile. The outstanding weather in Provo. The cute little kids who come into the Bakery. Compliments from Red on my art. But today the strangest thing happened, I went to a funeral and it made me happy. My Uncle, who I've met fewer times than I have fingers on my right hands, died in a crazy car accident. All my life all I ever knew about him was that he was named Don, he had a twin, and he had a stroke a few years ago. At his funeral I learned that he was a really amazing person and it really inspired me. His kids, cousins, siblings, and friends had so many incredible stories. I now regret not knowing him in this lifetime. He inspired me to want to actually get to know my aunts and uncles and cousins before they go too and I regret our non-relationships. I find it completely ridiculous that in the past five years I've haven't seen my mother's parents, most one of her siblings, or any of my cousins on that side. And on the other side I kind of know an uncle and aunt and their kids, and I barely even recognize the rest. I literally saw my first cousin today and wondered if she was my cousin. I only have six cousins on that side. I have decided that this will not happen to my children. They will know their uncles and aunts and cousins and when relatives die they won't have to regret never knowing them. Now that I've finished my schpiel for the day, let's move on.

Ticked Me Off:
We went camping in Moab last weekend. It had just finished raining and we were right by a river and there were loads and loads of MOSQUITOS. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them. But I don't kill them. I don't ever kill bugs on purpose. I just can't bring myself to do it. Weird I know. But mosquitos make me mad, and I've just come to grips with that. I am also ticked that Shelley senior, my would be godmother, if my family had things like that, had a heart attack. She's always sort of been my buddy because of course I was named after her. Anyway, she's doing better right now but the possibility of her not making it really just ticked me off. She's not much older than my parents and that's really scary to me.

Laughables:
1. Penelope's crazy habits and words make me laugh. She loves throwing water all over, and sneaking up on people, and spitting on anyone or anything. We spent a good 20 minutes Sunday just running back and forth across the grass in her backyard. Then all of the sudden I hid behind this big fan-box thing and she started looking around and calling my name. As she passed me I jumped out, grabbed her, and scared her half to death. It was hilarious. I laughed very loudly.
2. On the drive home from Moab Brooke, a roommate not sister, relayed a story that tickled my fancy a bit. She's studying film and when you're recording something that grey fluffy thing they cover the mic with is called a dead cat (see picture below). So one time she was in class doing a powerpoint and she wanted to pull up a picture.... needless to say as soon as she typed it into google she realized her mistake and started yelling, "No, no, not a dead cat not a dead cat!". Brooke is tried and true lover of living cats.
3. The book "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. It's mostly depressing and pretty horrifying, but every so often it caused me to let out an unexpected chuckle.
4. Finally, the idea of the "Inner Dance". Okay, maybe it doesn't actually make me laugh, but I do find it funny and very real. My roommate Jana has this theory that if you've found your inner dance, basically if you know who you are, you can dance in front of anyone at any time. Some people are born with their inner dance (I think my Father fits into that catagory), some people find it during adolescence or early adulthood (For me it was sophomore year or high school, for many it's senior year or freshman of college), and still there are those who have yet to find it and possibly never will. My new roommate Knesha has yet to seek her inner dance, Taylor is looking and in the process of finding, Melissa has found and is expanding. I would encourage any and all to find this inner dance and flaunt it.
(Please excuse the immodesty. Apparently this girl's inner dance is a bit indecorous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment